"home is where i am when i am with you"
“We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
Some people are good at being in love. Some people are good at love. Two very different things, I think. Being in love is the romantic part—sex all the time, midday naps in the sheets, the jokes, the laughs, the fun, long conversations with no pauses, overwhelming separation anxiety … Just the best sides of both people, you know? But love begins when the excitement of being in love starts to fade: the stress of life sets in, the butterflies disappear, the sex becomes a chore, the tears, the sadness, the arguments, the cattiness … The worst parts of both people. But if you still want that person by your side through all of those things … that’s when you know—that’s when you know you’re good at love.
I want you. I want your sleepy confused look when you wake up. I want to be the warmth that fills the space in your bed. I want to be the sheets your fingers crave at night; the blanket that wraps around you all night. I want to drink tea with you, share some records we find. I want to talk about everything in the world newspapers. I want to discuss with you, to be stubborn and quick-witted with you. I want to have differences between us. I want your flaws. All of them. I want go into the deepest corners of your mind and never get bored of you. I want to be surprised by the new all the time. I want to look at you like a movie, a living piece of art; always trying to chase what you crave … and capture you.
1. if you don’t like your name don’t use it
2. scream at the sky, whisper secrets to the ocean, hold hands with clouds. the world is yours if you want it to be
3. do things that make you nervous and let the feeling consume you until you feel scared and alive and want to throw up
4. don’t worry about falling in love
5. pick flowers whenever you see them and leave them wherever you go
6. kiss all the things that make you happy and all the things that make you sad, kiss everything that makes you feel anything
7. weave stars into your clothes and always remember that you came from them and will go back to them again someday
8. never empty your pockets
9. light dead flowers on fire when you’re feeling sad, let their smell fill your lungs and make you forget about life
10. diet coca cola will make your head spin and your throat burn, drink it when you’re feeling like things are going to get bad
11. if a boy with pretty eyes asks you who you are, show him your scars and your freckles and your bruises and let him know that you are alive
12. the best people have electricity running through their veins and around their hearts, let them shock you
13. forget how old you are, it does not matter
14. if something or someone makes you want to run then do it, run until your legs go numb and your heart is about to explode and you forget how to breathe
15. when the world is asleep make the night your friend and you will become invincible
16. get lost in another city and don’t ask for directions
17. cry if you want to, but try not to drown in your tears
18. do not be afraid of the sight of blood or the sound of bones snapping or the smell of hospital beds
19. race the moon while you’re driving until you’re going faster than the speed of light
20. never sit still